Intellectual property rights & assets (IP/IA)
Inventions are protected by intellectual property rights such as patents, copyrights and design rights. Project results can also be other things that can create value and we have therefore chosen to broaden the concept and talk about intangible assets.
From strategy to contract management
At Chalmers Industriteknik, we work relatively broadly in this area, both to create the intelligence needed to create strategies and develop processes for how exactly intellectual property (IP) and intellectual assets (IA) should be managed and agreed before, during and after an innovation project.
IP traditionally includes patents, design rights, trademarks and copyrights, while IA can be so much more, such as data, databases, research results, images, methods and much more. Below is a selection of what we do in this area:
- Searches in advanced patent and research databases
- Development of patent and research landscapes
- Inventory of intellectual property assets
Helping to build strategies
- Strategies on how to protect your results and inventions (patents, copyrights, trademarks, design protection, etc.)
- Strategies for protecting software and software-based services
- Strategies for rights agreements within a collaboration
- Advanced problem solving workshops on IP issues
- Innovation management
- Contract management