Renewable for the future
We are familiar with the commercially available renewable materials, their properties and their prices, and we can help you evaluate renewable alternatives. We contact suppliers and evaluate materials in products and production.
Chalmers Industriteknik is participating in for instance the innovation project ”Adhesives and paint for a fossil-free built environment” together with RISE Research Institutes of Sweden, Johanneberg Science Park and a number of companies, for example Perstorp and Akzo Nobel. The project is going to develop bio-based components for adhesives and paint, that will be used within construction, for example for “Fossil-free preschool” within the City of Gothenburg.
- identify and recommend commercially available fossil-free alternative materials
- evaluate alternative materials in products and production
- develop alternative product designs/production methods for the material
- develop custom-made bio-based materials
- provide support to the public sector regarding the design of requirements for procurement of resource-efficient products