GreenElec – Design for recycling
”Green” electronics intended to attain an efficient use of resources through designing and manufacturing electronics which enables a more efficient recycling of materials.
Chalmers Industriteknik is participating in the EU-project GreenElec which is coordinated by Philips. The projects aims to develop electronic and electrical devices which are designed in such a way that recycling the product’s materials becomes easy and efficient, and hence leads to a more efficient use of resources.
Some of the project’s anticipated outcomes are:
- More easily recyclable combinations of materials in electronic devices and products
- Design-rules for electronics which take recycling into consideration
- Automatized recognition of recyclable electronic products and components
- Methods and technology for sorting products and components in well-defined waste flows for optimal recycling
- Business models and policies which provide increased incentives for recycling and reusing electronic products
The project is financed by VINNOVA and ENIAC-JU.
PLA bio-based plastics from secondary raw materials
The purpose of this project is to develop a techno-economically viable production route for PLA, Polylactic acid, from second generation raw materials such as side streams from the…
In this project we place the users of the product pass and their needs in the centre. The aim is to increase the insight regarding what product information that is relevant, for th…