A supermaterial – light as a feather
Graphene is a layer of carbon one atom thick. It is stronger than steel, transparent and flexible and it is one of the best thermal and electrical conductors. These unique properties mean endless opportunities for new applications, for example:
- fast, flexible electronics and displays
- multifunctional composites – light, strong, conductive
- surface layers and barriers that protect against gases, liquids, corrosion, fouling, etc.
- energy solutions for power generation, storage and cooling
- high sensitivity sensors
There is heavy investment in both research and innovation in Sweden and the rest of Europe and worldwide. We are involved in several different regional, national and European projects, giving us a wide contact network in Sweden and the rest of Europe.
- analyses, roadmaps, external environment analysis, concept studies, development projects and demonstrators
- help finding the right partners
- specific expertise in the application fields of composites, adhesives, parts of electrical components and characterisation
Question of the week with Golaleh
What is the world's most fascinating material?
We are looking for: Business developer for graphene and graphene applications
Vill du vara med och stötta företag i Sverige och Europa med att ta grafen, det mest spännande materialet idag, från labbet till industrin? Grafen är ett endast 15 år…
We are growing and have two vacant challenging positions
We have two vacancies: Project management Outreach Graphene Flagship, and twinning projects and Innovation support SIO Grafen and industrial development